Get Viral Marketing | Digital Marketing Agency | Georgia

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Pay-per-click (PPC), also known as cost per click (CPC), is an internet advertising model used to drive traffic to websites, in which an advertiser pays a publisher (typically a search engine, website owner, or a network of websites) when the ad is clicked.

PPC would be considered the direct opposite of SEO, Search Engine Optimization.

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of increasing the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of a website or a web page to users of a web search engine. SEO refers to the improvement of unpaid results (known as “natural” or “organic” results) and excludes direct traffic/visitors and the purchase of paid placement.

Now back to PPC

Pay-per-click is commonly associated with first-tier search engines (such as Google Ads and Bing Ads). With search engines, advertisers typically bid on keyword phrases relevant to their target market. In contrast, content sites commonly charge a fixed price per click rather than use a bidding system. PPC “display” advertisements, also known as “banner” ads, are shown on web sites with related content that have agreed to show ads and are typically not pay-per-click advertising. Social networks such as Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest and Twitter have also adopted pay-per-click as one of their advertising models. Get Viral! Marketing, LLC. suggest using an open strategy whereas you start out stronger with the PPC and eventually go to SEO. We suggest an “80/20″ approach where PPC starts out with 80% of your marketing budget and SEO is the other 20%. Over a matter of 4-6 months, you will achieve the opposite where SEO is 80% of the budget and PPC is the remaining 20%. Check with a Get Viral! Marketing Rep to find out more.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”5847″ img_size=”full” title=”When searching through “Google“, you can see examples of PPC advertising when you see the word “Ad“ inside a little box to the top left of the search results.”][/vc_column][/vc_row]